Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Joe Borowski

I know, I know, I am pretty much quoted as saying even though he doesn't do it in a quick, efficient manner, Joe Borowski just gets the job done. That was before that walk off grand slam by Torii Hunter. Even though I still believe he should be the Indians' closer, I have to admit it's going to make me a little more uneasy when he comes in.

Watch the first 5-10 seconds of this video, and Jake Taylor's reaction to Rick Vaughn coming into the game is exactly what every Indians fan feels about Joe Borowski (Warning: Video contains strong language....and you should know that because you should've seen this movie at least five times)



I wish I could sit here and say everything is gonna be OK, but I honestly can't. Let's just give him some more time to prove to us he belongs in the back of the bullpen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not even mad at Borowski. He sucks and there's nothing he can do about it. He can't help it if Wedge keeps throwing him out there each week.

That said, I'm pretty sure any reasonably competent relief pitcher could do as good or better than him right now.

I kind of want him to blow up a couple more times before memorial day to force Wedge's hand. That would probably be in our long-term best interest.

ToMMy said...

an analogy to clear things up...
Borowski to Vaughn:Dellucci to...Parkman?!?

i like how you blatantly(subtley?) disrespect the man by spelling his name wrong

Bill said...

I don't think you can give "How You Doin'" a main or even supporting character in the "Major League" universe. He would just be a generic guy that sits on the bench who might appear in the corner of the screen every now and then.