Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm Back Baby

Well I'm back from Vegas, and although I didn't win any money (because I didn't know when to walk away), I did have a LOT of fun, even more so because I was with a diehard Tigers fan. I do have a few thoughts about what happened the last few days:

  • I bet yous guys (that isn't a typo, if you knew my buddy Craig you'd think it is hilarious) are glad I'm home. They go 1-3 on my three day road trip, and the first game they play when I'm home Pronk comes up huge in the 9th. You're welcome. I also lost $100 on them Friday night.

(Funny Vegas story...we are sitting around by the pool talking about how annoying it is when people think things are ironic when they are just coincidences. For example, "Oh my gawd! You're staying at New York, New York! That's so ironic! My grandma stayed there once!" No. That is not ironic at all. Then we basically went through every lyric in Alanis Morisette's famous song "Ironic", and figured everything she feels is ironic in the song isn't, it would just suck if it happens to you. Also, the phrase "it's like raiiiiiiiiiin" was probably said a minimum of 5,000 times over the course of 2.5 days.)

  • Jake Westbrook is carrying over his success from spring training to the regular season. He had his first complete game since 2006, and is one of the best number three starters in MLB. Keep it up.
  • And just to keep you updated, David Delucci is hitting .111, and is hitless in 9 AB since Opening Day. I hate him. It's also worth noting he is making $3,750,000 this year.
  • This has nothing to do with the Indians, but I was so proud of myself for thinking of this in bed last night I have to write it. Although both teams are in first place, the Royals and the Orioles have had two of the worst attendance figures thus far. Shouldn't Bud Selig just combine the two teams, and call them the Oroyals? I really think this is funny.

I will be back to posting regularly, so keep checking back. Also leave me some comments, not only do I like your input, I feel really cool when I get them. And yes, that even counts for you guys, Tommy, Craig, and Lawrence.

1 comment:

ToMMy said...

oroyals...mad i never thought of that.