Monday, April 14, 2008

Indians 7, A's 1

Ok, sweet, we didn't get swept. They got the win I said they needed, and hopefully they keep this momentum going for a tough stretch this week. Here's what I thought about the game:
  • Is Cliff Lee back? After 8 superb innings yesterday, he is now 2-0 with a 0.61 ERA so far this year. If he can keep this up, it's going to be a great year for the pitching staff. C.C. is going to come around, Fausto had one bad start, Westbrook has been great, Byrd has been forgettable, and Lee seems to be back on track. I like it.
  • Is it just me, or is Pronk looking more comfortable and confident up there? He doesn't seem to be pulling everything, and he's getting solid contact regularly. By the way, when does he get a new nickname? Since his nickname was formulated from "half project, half d0nkey", I'd say he really isn't a project anymore. Is it just donkey? He needs a wrestling type nickname. I'm gonna think about it all day.
  • Garko is the only Indian to reach base in every game this season, and has a five game winning streak. He's becoming one of my favorites.
  • "How You Doin'" goes 1-4 and his average drops to .273. Tommy thinks his beard looks like perfectly and evenly spread shoe polish.
  • Tommy also made the funny observation that with those pansy cold/wind masks on, the majority of the A's looked like Scorpion from "Mortal Kombat". GET OVER HERE! Sorry, that was lame.

I'll be back posting all day all week, make sure to keep checking back. Also, I haven't received ANY contest entries, so if you send me one, and it's decent, it has a pretty good chance of winning.

No comments: