Friday, April 11, 2008

Boston Schmoston

It's really getting on my nerves that Red Sox fans are getting all of this praise for giving Bill Buckner a standing ovation during their ceremony on the day of their home opener. This is a man who received death threats for 20 years, and even after they won the World Series in 2004 he still wasn't forgiven. Apparently they found it in their hearts to forgive a man who was exiled only until they won their second title last year. It took these people TWENTY-TWO YEARS to take this poor guy back in?




Everyone knows his story, a routine ground ball goes through his legs in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series, and they lost the game. At least they had a Game 7 to go to.

Jose Mesa blew the 1997 World Series in Game 7. To quote "Lil' Sis" from the "Bubb Rubb" video, "that's it and that's all". I don't think Jose Mesa gets too bad of a treatment in Cleveland, considering what happened back then. You could even argue the hard feelings for Mesa are more about his feud for Omar Vizquel.

I'm not saying people from Cleveland are smarter and more rational than people from Boston. OK maybe I am. I think the best way to settle this argument is to compare each city's most prominent Real World character: Isaac and CT. First, from Cleveland, we have Isaac:


He was cool, laid back, and everyone on the show pretty much loved him. Sure he played some pretty messed up jokes on people (like telling people he killed a man), but for the most part he was pretty much harmless. Most people would say he has been one of the "Real World's" most popular characters. He also has some pretty humorous rap songs.

On the other hand, we have CT:



To see how dumb this guy really is, fast forward to the :50 mark, where he rambles on about being caught between two doors or something, I can't really tell what he's saying, he's clearly under the influence of something. He then goes on to say he thinks he's related to Bert from "Sesame Street"

I think I've proven my point.

(I also hope CT doesn't see this, while roid raging, and "wehk" me)

No comments: